Something's different.

I woke up at 6 today. Why, I don't know. But it wasn't normal "waking up at 6" where I'm tired still and go back to sleep. No, I was wide awake. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I slept for 12 hours the night before last, fighting off a cold; my body just decided "Ok, mister. You've slept enough. Get your butt out of bed."

I will say one thing though: I love the dreams I have when I'm on Nyquil. They are sheer awesome in its truest form. I'll spare you the details, though, because I don't want anybody assuming I'm crazy.

Most of my day today will consist of me getting the rest of my stuff together to leave for the Bubble tomorrow. I set up blogging via email, but I'm not sure how much time I'll have to do it. We'll see. Blogging doesn't take up too much time, though, compared to videos. So don't expect any of those for a while. If I can surprise you, I will. Just don't hold your breath for one. I'll be working on campus this semester, and my homework will change dramatically from the past. In previous years, I've been doing straight engineering work, so my homework was all math stuff. This year, I only have two engineering classes, and the rest are music. That means a lot of practicing. So while I'll inevitably have more time for music, I'll likely have less time for MY music lol.

Things I'm looking forward to:
  • Seeing friends I haven't seen in a while.
  • Meeting a ton of new people (With the major and minor change it feels like I'll be among a whole different class of people. I'll only have one class this semester with my usual classmates)
  • Being guaranteed to finally have a girl in one of my classes now.
  • (Hopefully) only rooming with two other guys.
  • Soccer season.
  • I might try for the volleyball team if I have time.
Things I'm dreading:
  •  Seeing people I don't want to see.
  • Meeting a ton of weird people (There are bound to be a lot. It always seems to me that half the new music guys are gay)
  • The one-on-one piano lessons. I love learning music and stuff, but one-on-one lessons always kinda terrify me for some reason. Maybe it had to do with the fact that my first piano teacher had a Siamese cat that I hated. Siamese cats look evil.
  • The possibility that I room with 3 other guys, and one might be the last person on earth I want to be stuck in a room with. If you knew the guy, you'd side with me, I promise. Don't get paranoid dude, I'm not talking about you.
  • Soccer practices.
  • Waking up early every day and needing to be alert.
Well, off I go. Into the Bubble yonder.
Driving west, into from the sun.
Junior year, coming with all its thunder.

...I should actually stop there. However apropos it may or may not be, I feel weird, knowing that I'm sticking words about doing to school into the tune of a military song.

1 comment:

  1. You should known that pic would attract many! I'm praying for you as enter back into the "bubble", but remember it's only a bubble if you make it so. The devil will get to you anyway he can, so don't be lulled into a false sense of security. We've seen it happen from time to time, even lately... I read Proverbs 3 and 4 with the girls today and it is so encouraging to realize that just being right with God and letting him take control is what brings true peace and happiness. As an older person, who grew up in a quite worldly home, I can say from experience that I wasted a lot of time trying to be cool like my friends and life is a lot more happy and peaceful without all the pretense and just being what God wants me to be. I'm praying for you because I know the Lord wants you to succeed and has given you great capabilities and the devil would love to see you fail. You're someone that's been a lot of fun to watch grow up and I love your family. They've been our friends for a long time. I'm praying for you to allow God to bless you to the utmost by just being obedient to Him. So remember, you'll be prayed for everyday here in the Copeland home!

    ReplyDelete