Been a While

Well, I'll start with the obvious.

Well, I would start with the obvious...but I forgot what the obvious was, so I'll start after that.

I've been writing a lot of music recently, and a couple poems that probably will never have music. I wrote one that i personally think was really good...and it was inspired by a particular vow I made, the details of which will forever remain undisclosed. But aside from writing new stuff, I've also been working on recording old stuff. One of these days, I'm going to get a decent recording done. I guess I just tend to be unsatisfied with everything i do lol.

I am able to do this because I got (waaaaait for it) brand spankin' new recording equipment!!
I know you don't care, and it's not really anything particularly amazing...but I'll tell you what I got anyway! (Face it, if you're still reading by now, you've gotta be at least the slightest bit interested!)

1. Focusrite Saffire LE audio interface
It connects via firewire, and is powered separately by AC current. Altogether, there are 6 inputs and 10 outputs, including two XLR (Phantom power), a MIDI in/out, and an SPDIF in/out. Good enough for what I'm doin now. So far, it's worked like a charm! It also came with a little bit of software. I haven't used any of it; I've been using Reaper instead...which I like better anyway lol.

2. Alesis M1Active 520 stereo monitors. These things are niiiice lol.

3. MXL 990 large-diaphragm condenser microphone with shockmount

4. Beringher C2 small-diaphragm condenser microphone pair

5. Sennheiser HD 202 headphones. These are also niiiice.

Then I got some accesories, like a pop filter, microphone stands, and cables. It's all pretty low-budget, but it's pretty nice anyway. I'd recommend all of it, but my experience is limited, so don't just take my word for it ;)

I'm sure you're dying to see some of what I've written lately, but maybe I'll just leave that for my next post. Unless I write music to it...in which case, you don't get to read it at all! Ha! Take that internet! (Sorry...Dr. Pepper's gettin to me.)

Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment